Weekend Menu

by - 2:13 PM

I know it’s only Tuesday, but my mouth is watering for the below, delicious looking, menu items. I’ve never made either, and if you know me you know I can’t bake to save my life – but I do keep trying. I usually save trying new recipes for the weekend, and for myself only, when I have time to do it and won’t disappoint anyone. I don’t think either dishes are particularly healthy, but that’s probably why they look so damn good.

I’ll report back on how these go.

Blueberry Crumb Cake



Ingredients


  • ½ sticks 1/4 Cup Butter

  • 1 Tablespoon (additional) Butter

  • ¾ cups Sugar

  • 1 whole Egg

  • ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract

  • 2 cups All-purpose Flour

  • 2-¼ teaspoons Baking Powder

  • ½ teaspoons Salt

  • ½ teaspoons Cinnamon

  • ¾ cups Whole Milk

  • 2 cups Fresh Blueberries


Topping

  • ¾ sticks Butter

  • ½ cups Sugar

  • ½ cups Flour

  • ¼ teaspoons Salt


Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, baking powder, and a salt. Stir and set aside.

Cream butter with sugar. Add egg and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and milk alternately until totally incorporated. Do not overbeat. Stir in blueberries until evenly distributed.

Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Pour in batter. In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients and cut together using two knives or a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.

Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve with softened butter.

Make Ahead Muffin Melts



Ingredients

  • 12 whole Hard-boiled Eggs, Peeled And Chopped

  • 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese

  • 1 cup (real) Mayonnaise

  • 12 slices Bacon, Fried And Crumbled

  • 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Dijon Mustard

  • ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder

  • 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce

  • 6 whole English Muffins Split


Preparation Instructions

Combine eggs with all other ingredients. Fold together gently. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.

Spread on English muffin halves, then broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. (Don’t set them too close to the heating element.)

Serve immediately!

Photos and recipes via The Pioneer Woman, one of my favorite bloggers.

You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram