portland bloggers

by - 9:17 PM

Today I had the lucky opportunity to meet and mingle with some of the finest bloggers this little city has to offer. We met up at the Belmont Library and spent the afternoon learning photography tips and tricks from local pros Becky Nerpel and Macey Snelson.

Photo: Had an awesome afternoon meeting my fellow Portland blogger ladies and learning some photography tricks from the pros.

I loved that there was a session on taking better photos with your smartphone. Even though most everyone there had fancy cameras (the Canon Rebel seemed to be the trend), it was a consensus that our iPhones do most of the day-to-day heavy lifting.


Though photos with the iPhone are great, we all agreed apps are what push these images over the top. Here are some of the top photo apps being used (most FREE!). Who knew these possibilities existed using your phone?
With photo sharing one of the biggest communities on the Internet, it is essential to protect your images. Watermarking can help. Yep, there are apps for that too.
I plan to continue using my point and click and iPhone, but also want to save up for a more professional camera as it is a hobby I really want to pursue. And this workshop definitely inspired me!

A big shout-out goes to Jenni and Suzannah for wrangling this together. And it was great to finally meet all the lovely ladies that I engage with often via our blogs and Twitter. Check out http://pdxbloggers.com/ for a list of bloggers and info on upcoming activities.



You May Also Like

5 comments

Instagram