LYFE Kitchen

by - 12:58 PM

Ease and health are the two main words in my cooking dictionary. Especially when it comes to lunch, as I tend to have difficulty coming up with quick and healthy lunch ideas for work. You can imagine I was thrilled when I was recently invited to try LYFE Kitchen.

LYFE Kitchen is a healthier alternative to your usual frozen meal, as they are free of artificial ingredients and trans fat, low in sodium (less than 500 mg) and are packaged in environmentally friendly packaging. Most frozen meals I've had in the past have contained three times the amount of sodium - so this was the biggest welcomed change for me.

I tried four varieties: Chicken Chile Verde, Orange Mango Chicken, Whole Grain Penne Pasta and Farmer's Market Frittata. It looks like they also have soup but that wasn't a part of my tasting. Looks good though!

By far, I liked the Chicken Chile Verde the most because it has a bit of a kick. I wasn't a huge fan of the Farmer's Market Frittata but I don't think I'm much of a frittata kind of gal to begin with.


They are also EASY to prepare - another key thing for me when taking them to work. You prepare them in your microwave or oven in its own paper pouch and when opened, your meal is plated and ready to eat. The company self-describes it as "perfectly plated" but that was hardly the case. I don't know if I wasn't pouring it out correctly (is there a right way to pour something out of a pouch?) but it hardly looked perfect or pretty like pictured on the website. Just keeping it honest around here. I welcome pouch-pouring lessons if needed.


If you're looking for a healthy frozen meal alternative, I recommend you give these meals a try. They are a bit pricey but you pay for the higher quality food. Locally, they can be found at QFC, Fred Meyer and PCC Natural Markets. 
 
 **I wasn't paid to write this post but was given the meals to taste and review. All opinions are my own**

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram