i surrender all

by - 9:21 AM

Do you ever hear someone say something that just clicks with you? As Oprah would say, have an aha moment? I was watching Oprah yesterday and she said something so powerful that completely resonated with me. I mean, it clicked and I GOT IT. It has changed my life and how I will handle my life moving forward.

Even though I'm only 24, I've had a lot of trials in my life. I've spent months wanting certain things or people so badly that I started to hate myself when I've failed. You start to think, I cannot believe God would let me get so close to something and then take it away from me. But at some point you have to let it go.

"God, I surrender it. I thought I was going to get it. I've never wanted anything more in my life, but I'm not going to get it. And my life is going to go on. And I'm going to be fine. And God, what would you have me do now?"

There's so much you can do. You do your best and then you surrender it so you can move forward.

Those are powerful words.

Best,
Jessica

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram