one banana, two bananas....

by - 9:34 AM

The annual Komen Race for the Cure is this Sunday - will you be going?

If so, look out for Del Monte Fresh Produce. They'll be handing out 20,000 bananas to racers. 


Yes, you read that correctly. Talk about "going bananas"! Leftover bananas will be given to Oregon Food Bank.

While bananas aren't my favorite fruit, I do eat them a few times a week. They are packed with nutrients and I like to sneak them into my berry smoothies.

Here are some yummy looking recipes to try:


I won't be participating in the race this year. I've actually only it done it a couple times in my life. I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 13, so I should definitely jump on the bandwagon again. However, this is a cause I  have chosen to support monetarily every year.

Do you like bananas? Will you be racing for the cure this weekend?? Stay tuned for a later post, as I'll have a giveaway from Del Monte!

Details:


Where: Between the Morrison Bridge and Morrison Street at Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
When: Sunday, September 18. 6:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.

*I was approached by Del Monte to write this post. This is a cause I greatly support and all opinions are my own*

You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram