portland flea recap

by - 10:05 PM

You all will be proud of me. I motivated myself and woke up bright and early Saturday morning to experience the first ever Portland Flea. By myself.

The rain started as soon as I arrived, so vendors were hurridly covering their items. In Oregon fashion, I pulled up hood of my jacket and continued to browse, not letting it bother me.

There were a lot of cute things, but not as many vendors as I was expecting. It took me all of 20 minutes to browse everything. There was a great orange patio chair set from the 60s or 70s that I really wanted - but I resisted. You can see pics of it over on PDX Picker's blog. I did spot a fabric bin and found a few yards of this quirky fish pint:



I have no idea what to make with it. Probably a table runner. It was too absurd to pass up. And I mean "absurd" in only the best way.

By the way, it was only $3.00.

Random: One of my work colleagues co-created the Portland Flea effort. I didn't know this until AFTER I was all psyched up about it. It's a small world, you know?

All in all, it was a fun event and I imagine it will grow bigger as it becomes more well-known. I recommend checking it out, when it comes back next month.


You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram