britney

by - 12:03 PM

One of my first cassette tapes was Britney Spears’ Baby One More Time. How much did I just date myself?! In eighth grade, I attended my first concert with friends and, you guessed it, it was Britney.

On Friday night, as I was getting ready for a night out, I had her new song Criminal blasting on my iPhone. In that moment, I realized that Britney has kept me company for more than a decade of my life. Don’t misunderstand – I never looked up to Ms. Spears. She’s definitely flown off her rocker more than once. Remember a few years back? Um…yea.

Regardless, I can always count on her music to put me in a good mood. If I need some motivation, I play Britney. If I want to throw a solo dance party, I play Britney. If I want to sing in the car, I play Britney. You get the pattern.

So for all the music snobs out there, who say this isn’t “real” music, I don’t want to hear it. To me, “real” music is anything that makes me happy. What do you say to that?

"But mama, I'm in love with a criminal
And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical"

Sounds like my recent dating life. It really never is rational.


You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram