Mary style

by - 9:00 AM


My step mom turned me on to the show “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” while I was couch-ridden and recovering from surgery. I instantly fell head-over-heels for Mary. 

I fell in love with it for several reasons – it was a well-written and hilarious show that I could really relate to.  In this show, Mary Tyler Moore was the personification of the single, thirty-something, successful, confident woman who was too busy building a career as a successful producer and creating meaningful friendships to be bothered with finding a husband. She is strong, confident, single, and works in the media industry. Just like me!

The real reason for this post is to discuss the fashion in this show. The clothes these ladies wore – TO DIE FOR. It’s funny how fashion recycles itself. A lot of what they wear is back in style. Wide-legged jeans, flouncy blouses and cute dresses. All back in style! 

If you know me, I don’t own a single pair of skinny jeans and I don't plan on it. I prefer wide-legged pants in a myriad of colors. I have friends tell me that I’m the only one who can get away with it, which I take as a compliment. They just WORK. 

Aren’t these clothes just great?! I think I've been going through my 20s in the wrong decade. : D
I need to channel my inner Mary, that's for sure. I mean, when even Oprah loves Mary, you know she did something pretty darn special. 

*all images via Bing image search



You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram