berry picking

by - 9:48 PM

One thing on my summer bucket list was to go berry picking. Conveniently, my stepmom invited me to join her last weekend at a berry patch near my parent's house. We headed out in the morning to beat the heat - turns out standing in a field in direct sunlight can get hot awfully fast.


There were blueberries and marion berries and I picked way too many for just me. But the process is so therapeutic (really!) and it's hard to stop. I froze most of my haul; in other words, I see a lot of berry smoothies in my future. The other upside? It's so much less expensive than buying at the store - it was $1.50/lb. And the very best upside? I supported a neighborhood family that has had the farm in their family for many generations. You just can't beat that.

Have you picked berries before? What do you make with your haul?


You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram