be mine

by - 2:03 PM

When I was younger, like in elementary school, I used to love Valentine’s Day. Gone are the days of scrutinizing over which tear-out card to give your crush, or over analyzing the one he gave you. What could this Batman card all mean? : )

Now that I’m older, my love for Valentine’s Day is fairly dependent on whether or not I happen to be seeing anyone at the time. Though I do have plans this year *hooray!* I know all too-well what it’s like not to. But I think Valentine’s Day should be more than just romance. It’s about celebrating the different types of love in your life and telling your friends and family how much you love them too! In fact, a couple of years ago I sent my girlfriends Barbie valentine’s just for the heck of it. They loved it.

Roses are the typical way of showing love but I was recently sent a breakdown of what different colored roses convey. Did you know this? I doubt that a recipient would know either, so you might want to tread carefully.

·         Red – romantic love
·         Yellow – friendship or congratulations
·         White – “I miss you” (also truth and purity)
·         Peach – “Thank you”
·         Purple – love at first sight
·         Yellow with red tips – friendship turning into love
If you’re in need of a last minute gift, Whole Foods Market has  Whole Trade® roses at 20 for $20, so you can give a gift that also gives back. I am not being sponsored to share this with you, but thought it was a pretty cool program that I hadn’t heard about otherwise.


Whole Foods Market has funded more than $4 million in premiums to support improvement programs for floral workers and their communities in Ecuador, Colombia and Costa Rica. So far, those extra dollars have funded first homes for families, scholarships for children, community art programs, medical and dental treatments and an overall improvement in the quality of life for farm workers, their families and their communities.

I  hope you feel loved tomorrow!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram