cookies, cake and pie, oh my!

by - 12:44 PM

Holiday season means baking season, but baker I am not. It has been one of my goals to get better at baking cookies, cakes and pies. Good goal, right? I’m learning for my future kids. Clearly not for my own benefit. *cough*

Growing up I always baked chocolate chip cookies, orange cookies and made chocolate covered pretzels. Yum! This is what I am thinking for this year:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
The secret with these little guys is using vanilla pudding mix. It makes them so soft and so good. Swoon.




Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
“Holy crap!” is what you’ll say after you make this mouthwatering treat. And you won’t want to share. A layer of cheesecake, topped with a layer of pumpkin pie, is heaven.



Cookie Dough Truffles
True story: The summer between junior and senior year of college, I discovered Dreyer’s cookie dough ice cream. I ate a container a week. And I gained a lot of weight. And now I’m not allowed to buy it.

I love everything cookie dough. I could eat a whole batch with my spoon and never make the cookies. As a kid, the best part of making cookies was licking the beaters. Heck, it still is. Y’all, I cry no shame.

I’ve never made these but, when I stumbled upon this recipe, my heart sang. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is.



Happy baking!

You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram