weekend recap

by - 10:33 AM

My good friend Jennifer was in town this weekend from Texas, so we spent Friday night at McMenamins’ Imbrie Hall in Hillsboro gossiping and catching up on life. If you haven't been to this location, you really should. Be warned, it's packed to capacity on the weekends. Side note: Can you believe how many McMenamins locations there are? Geezus.

I braved a drink called Celtic Martini, which was a mix of iced coffee and whiskey. I’m not really a whiskey girl but this was delightful. So tasty, in fact, that I had more than one. Of course, we had to have the Cajun tots too. I would’ve taken pictures if I had thought about it, or if I wasn’t consuming so ravenously. Note to self: slow down and take more pictures.


What better way to end the night than to hit up one of your old high school hangouts? We ended up at Hot Shots, which is a pool hall in Beaverton. We hadn’t been there since we were 18 and, turns out, it was exactly as we left it. There’s something both unsettling and comforting about that.


Despite the nice weather Saturday, I was surprisingly unmotivated. My parent’s made a steak dinner for me in celebration on my promotion at work (more on that later) followed by chocolate cake. My favorite foods! It’s like they know me or something.



Sunday I headed south to Salem to visit a couple friends for dinner and the premier of Amazing Race. I used to be obsessed with that show and got all my friends and family hooked on it along the way. It’s in its 18th season, can you believe it? By the way, they are holding auditions for the next season in Lake Oswego this Saturday, February 26 at Stanfords off Kruse Way if you so desire. I’m both oblivious and directionally challenged so I think I'd make an ideal candidate. Actually, that might make good TV. Anyone want to be my partner?! I’ll post more on this later in the week.



Ok, enough about ME. What did you do this weekend?

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram