weekend recap

by - 8:59 PM

Happy Monday! I hope everyone's week got off to a good start. It's been raining non-stop since last night and it still shows no signs of stopping. Otherwise, it was a typical busy Monday that required double shots of espresso. I took them in a latte. I wasn't that desperate. 

The weekend was mostly relaxing, which I always appreciate. I never take it for granted. I like to use the weekends to try new recipes in case they are a total flop. Besides, I usually come home from work ravenous and don't have the patience to go slow in the kitchen. This weekend I tried Spaghetti Squash Lasagna from The Guncles. Don't know them? Catch up with the times already! There's your homework assignment for the night.

Besides only having a steak knife to cut the gigantic thing, everything else went without a hitch. Recipe and my photos below. Next time I'll halve the recipe or freeze half so I don't end up with enough for 10. As much as I appreciate leftovers...

I spent Sunday night watching the Oscars and was uncomfortable for all three hours. Who chose Anne Hathaway and James Franco anyways? It was so bad. So so bad. I'll give Anne credit though - at least she tried, bless her heart. I'm certain James was high.

On a positive, Colin Firth and The King's Speech took top honors, and deservingly so. And all the ladies looked gorgeous. Mila Kunis was best dressed in my book. If I were to go to the Oscars, and I plan on it someday, that's EXACTLY what I'd wear. (No, I don't know why I'd be walking the carpet but we'll figure that all out later.) I swear, I shot up out of my seat when I saw her walk the carpet. Love at first sight will do that to you.





The only real downer to the weekend was losing $10 in the Oscar pool at work. I got 10 categories right which is pretty darn good for a non movie watcher that I am.

Who else watched the Oscars?

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

1 Spaghetti Squash
Tomato Sauce
Browned ground turkey or beef
Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
Shredded Cheese 

I am telling you, I may never go back to using noodles for lasagna again. This was WAY too good and is so much healthier for you. Everyone has their own version of lasagna, so mix it up and do what works for you!



Behold the Spaghetti Squash. Yes, it is as big as you think it is.



Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and bake with cut side down on a baking sheet at 375 for 45 minutes. Note: Use a larger knife than a steak knife.



Remove from oven. The Squash should be tender.


Using fork, scrape out insides of squash. It comes out like long strands of noddles. Hence the name! How cool is that?


Scoop the squash into a baking dish, spreading evenly. I used one half squash per layer, but you could do more or less.



Layer Squash, ricotta/cottage cheese, cooked ground turkey, sauce, shredded cheese. This is layer one. Repeat. I did two layers.

Pop into oven for another 30 minutes, until bubbly and brown. I should have let mine bake another 10 or so but I was too hungry! I even took this photo after I had a serving. Did you spot the hole?

P.S. I tried the iPhone app Instagram on all my photos and I think I like it. Can't beat free!



You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram