Grit behind the glamour: Picture me & seamless

by - 2:40 PM

Last night I settled in to watch Netflix when I stumbled upon “Picture Me,” a documentary film that goes inside the world of high fashion modeling. Filmed over a period of 5 years, top model Sara Ziff provides an insider view into this scary world. Being a lover of all things fashion, I found this movie to be riveting and, sadly, a confirmation of what I figured all along – that there’s much more to the picture than meets the eye. And while I knew top models were paid extraordinarily well, I had no idea that top photo shoots will pay $100k for a day’s worth of work. Hell, where do I sign up?

I ended up watching another documentary “Seamless” which follows three emerging designers as they compete for Vogue’s coveted CFDA award. Most exciting for me was Anna Wintour’s presence throughout the film as I was unaware that she had ever been filmed prior to “The September Issue.” More surprisingly, this film exposed Anna’s vulnerable and soft side and, fittingly so, she did not once mask herself behind her signature sunglasses.

If you love fashion, I highly recommend both of these films. And at less than 90 minutes each, they can easily be paired together in one sitting.

On a similar note, if you're in Portland, check out the event Fashion Feud happening tomorrow, March 3 starting at 7:00 PM.



I don't have a trailer for "Seamless" but if you have Netflix you can stream it from there. What fashion documentaries make your list? I'd love to know!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram