aurora, or

by - 8:40 AM

I spoke earlier this summer about how I was planning on playing tourist in my own city/state. So, my family and I piled into the car and made the long trek to Aurora. Turns out it's only 23 miles outside of Portland - who knew?

Named the "Antiques Capital of Oregon" this cute town was lined with historic homes turned antique stores. We made it into probably half of them, before we became too overwhelmed by knick knacks and doo dads.

We discovered an amazing little cafe inside one of the shops for lunch. The $9.95 lunch special included half a panini sandwich, a cup of homemade soup and 2 scoops of gelato. If you couldn't tell by now, food is very important to me.

The town was surprisingly quiet, so we managed to snag a comfy table outside. The food was amazing and I plan on making the trip back soon, if just for this yumminess. Is that wrong?




 If you enjoy browsing vintage items, in a relaxed setting, then Aurora is a must for your list. I didn't end up buying anything this trip, but I found lots of lovely items I could have splurged on.

Have you been? I can't wait to go back!

You May Also Like

5 comments

Instagram