byways cafe

by - 10:19 AM

A last minute decision landed me at Byways Cafe on Sunday, as I continued my brunch mission. 

The 50's-esque diner is located on NW 12th and Glisan. The joint was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives awhile back, so it sounded like a given that the food would be a hit.

Not so much.


We popped in around 8:30 to a full house. At first glance, the place was super cute but we snagged a little table outside, which was much more enjoyable anyways with the weather being so lovely.

The coffee was Stumptown, but it wasn't nearly as good as it should have been. I only had one cup, and that's saying something for me...who usually gulps down at least 3.

We each ordered the Mt. Rushmore Hash, which sounded amazing: Home fried potatoes, hand - cut corned beef, onions and chunky bell peppers toppedwith cheddar cheese and one egg your way. 


It was just meh. It was definitely edible, and I ate until I was full. By no means was I as satisfied as I expected to be. I can (and do) make better hashes and scrambles at home.

Live and learn. My verdict? 2 out of 5 stars. Feel free to skip this one.

You May Also Like

4 comments

Instagram