Pine State Biscuits

by - 4:44 PM

If you live in the Portland area, you know how amazing the weather was this past weekend. It was astonishingly warm – in the 70s and 80s – and man, did I soak it up. Sure, it was our annual tease before summer starts in June. Or July or August, depending on when it feels like it. Oregon is stubborn that way. But I’ll take whatever I can get. Beggars can’t be choosers!

Friday evening I hit up Kells Irish Pub for a friend’s birthday. It was my first time there – can you believe it?? I had the hard cider, which was super good.



Saturday morning, a girlfriend and I picked up where we left off on last year’s brunch mission. We hit up the infamous Pine State Biscuits. The place is well-known around here, and has even been featured on Oprah and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, so you know it has to be good. Oh-em-gee. This place was AMAZING. I had The Reggie, which was a biscuit sandwich with fried chicken, cheese, bacon, and slathered with sausage gravy. My arteries are still moaning. Afterwards, we somehow still had room for coffee, so we wandered up the street to Stumptown for a cup of their french pressed. Again, so good. It was definitely a morning for splurging.




 
By the way, how cute is this basset hound we saw sitting outside? I need!


After brunch, I hit up Cornell Farms, a nursey near my house. I couldn't believe how expansive this place was. I pass it twice-daily on my commute, and I had always wanted to stop in. I'm so glad I did! They had tons of plants and gifts, and I picked up a bunch for my pots (forgot to take pics). My stepmom made me a hanging plant, which I also hung this weekend.

That evening I had another girlfriend over for dinner and dessert, which was a lovely way to catch up. Apparently, my weekend completely revolved around food and drink. But what's new? Sunday I spent the day sitting on my patio and relishing the warmth. I didn't need anything else.



You May Also Like

1 comments

Instagram