weekend recap

by - 3:01 PM

Besides what I described yesterday, this weekend wasn’t all too horrible. But where else can a girl rant, if not her own blog?

On Saturday I visited City Liquidators – a gigantic multi-leveled warehouse filled with furniture and many, MANY, oddities. Where else can you buy a male mannequin? This place always kind of gives me the heebie jeebies, and I think that’s one reason I love it so. Didn’t purchase anything but not due to lack of stuff. Jeepers. Check it out.



I made these cream cheese wontons. I ordered wontons from a Chinese joint in my neighborhood a couple of weeks ago, except they were soggy, not fried. Perplexed is an understatement, and it was a great letdown. I’ve been craving them ever since. I whipped up this easy recipe in about 5 minutes flat. True story: I’ve never fried anything in my life and kept waiting and waiting for the oil to get bubbly. Um, it doesn’t until you plop your item in. *Kaboom!* Note to self: keep oil on lower temperate and wear protective clothing. Don’t worry - no one was injured in the slightest. I’ve got mad reflexes. I impressed myself.


I didn’t have the energy to try the country fried steak I mentioned on Friday – I’ll be doing it tonight – so I baked a healthy meal of cod and asparagus. Cod is a really meaty fish, easy to make, and is so darn cheap. Cod also reaps health benefits, as does asparagus.

Lastly, in efforts to comfort myself, I did a marathon of I Love Lucy. It has always been one of my favorite shows – Lucy’s antics are a classic.

Oh, and I put up a couple decorations for Easter. Yay!

How was your weekend? Did you try anything new?

You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram